Friday, April 24, 2015

Simply Wonderful

Wow there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore!  I am spending less and less time in my craftroom lately and I miss it!  So this afternoon I decided that I would make some cards regardless!
My first card is my first play with texture paste.  I have seen this on scrapbooking pages and a few cards - however most are using stencils and I don't have any so I wondered if I could use stamps to create a little texture.  Knowing that the paste, when dry, goes hard so I thought as soon as I have stamped the background on the paste I should wash the stamp to remove the paste!  I also found that spraying the stamp lightly with water enables the stamp to come away from the paste better.  I also used an acrylic stamp - then I could wash it under running water. Here is the result ...
 and a close up ...
 I have based my card on the following sketch from CAS(E) this sketch #120
I would also like to submit it for the challenge at Cute Card Thursday - Clean and Simple.
materials - Co're Dinations rouge cardstock, smooth white cardstock, Arches watercolor paper; Grant Archival Grace Taylor butterfly stamp, Kaisercraft grid texture stamp; Staz On jet black ink; Versa fine onyx black ink; Watercolour pencils; Aqua brush; Francheville enamel dots; natural cord.

8 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

lovely colour and i like the texture, well thought of

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use a stamp. If you don't have a stencil you can make your own by cutting shapes using dies.
I like the gold foil you used on the next card too.

Unknown said...

Love your card and I love the effect you created with the texture paste. Karen x

Glittertastic said...

What a marvellous idea - beautiful card janet!

Sharon
x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love your beautiful take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

Janet this is fantastic... and thanks for the embossing paste tips!! Thanks for joining us this week at CTS!
=] Michele

LesLee said...

WOW this is an awesome take on the sketch I love how you created all the elements with so much texture yet it is still very CAS... great job

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh 19 KG lighter than we do.

(Just so you know, it is not about genetics or some hard exercise and really, EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they are eating.)

BTW, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

CLICK this link to find out if this short quiz can help you find out your real weight loss possibility